Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays #2 – Double Feature!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Okaayyy XD So......I'm kinda reading two things right now, so I decided to do a double feature haha!! :DD

First up is Bitter Sweet Love a prequel novella to White Hot Kiss :) I'd actually already read BSL, but that was quite a few months ago so I've forgotten most of it, and I really wanna read WHK with optimum up-to-date info, sooo yahhh :P *extravagant sweep of arm*
Source of Pic: Amazon

“What if I find someone else?”
His eyes narrowed. “I doubt that’s going to happen.”
“You never know.”
“Oh, I know.”
I rolled my eyes, but the grin I was fighting peeked through. “Just saying.”
“And I’m just saying that by the end of these seven days or maybe a week from then, or a month, you’ll say yes.” He cupped my cheek and leaned in, pressing his forehead to mine. “And I’ll be waiting. No matter how long it takes.”

AND:

“It’s a pukwudgie.”
The thing’s oversize, floppy ears twitched at the sound of its name.
I looked at Dez slowly. “A what?”
“Earth demon,” he replied, brows knitted. “I’ve never seen one before. Thought they’d been eradicated years ago. Not much is known about them other than they caused a bit of mischief during their heyday. Usually they were only seen up north, near Massachusetts and places like that.”
“It’s kind of cute.” I grinned when his look turned dubious. “What? It’s so ugly it’s cute.”

And da second is Biggest Flirts, which I'm buddy reading with the awesomesauceeee Natasha who friend requested me on GR and told me how she loves da blog! :D *beams* That TOTALLY made my year! <33 Plus she's amazeballs ;D


Luv yah hon *waves merrily* Whoops XD Back to the teaser! *cracks up*
Source of Pic: Amazon

“It’s hot as an ahffen out here.”
I popped open my beer. “A what?”
“What,” he repeated.
“You said ‘ahffen.’ What’s an ahffen?”
“An ahh . . .” He waited for me to nod at this syllable. “Fen.” Suddenly he lost patience with me. Before I could slide away—actually I would have had nowhere to slide, because Brody and his girlfriend Grace were making out right next to me—Will grabbed my wrist and brought my hand to his lips. “Let me sound it out for you. Ahhhffen.” I felt his breath moving across my fingertips.
“Oh, an oven!” I giggled. “You’re kidding, right? It’s ten o’clock at night.”

AND:

“We had misgivings about a place called the Crab Lab, like there would be formaldehyde involved. If there was, we couldn’t taste it.”
“The Crab Lab may sound unappetizing, but it’s an unwritten rule that names of stores in a tourist town have to alliterate or rhyme. What else are you going to call a seafood joint? Lobster Mobster? Hey, that’s actually pretty good.” I doubled over, cracking up at my own joke. “The slogan would be, ‘We’ll break your legs.’ Get it? Because you crack open lobster legs? No, wait, that’s crab.”
He watched me with a bemused smile, as if waiting for me to pull a prescription bottle out of my purse and announce that I’d missed my meds.”

P.s. Oven is pronounced ahffen *indignant look* XDD

Share your teasers! ;)

—MissBloodsucker™ All Sucked Out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment