Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith :D

This is What Happy Looks Like
by
Jennifer E. Smith

My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ :DD

Average Rating on Goodreads: ★ ★ ★ ★ 3.71 Stars

Synopsis:

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

     Ommggg this book was so cuuuteee it's not even funnnyyyy<33 By just reading the prologue, my face hurt from smiling, and I was instantly regretting that I picked it up at 12am. (I slept at 3. On a  school night. Well that's only like an hour after my usual time but whateverrrr! It's the feeling that counts xD) Maybe it's because I've made many precious friendships online, or whatnot, but this just really connected to mee. It was not instalove (If you have seen my the Geography of You and Me review, you will see that I am so grateful for this fact..), but a slow, drawn out one. And all through a mis-sent email, of course. No better way to find friendships than a wrong number? and with a certain pig ;)

    Graham and Ellie were just so right for each other. Of course there were some conflicts to the story, and i'm glad there was what there was, although my reaction was pretty much NOOOOOO!! XD

     Jen's writing alwaaays manages to give me a nostalgic feel throughout the book. (Not including tGoYaM ..that acronym looks so cool, btw..) Again, maybe it's the whole I-Made-My-Best-Friends-Online-and-I-Am-So-Jealous-She-Actually-Gets-To-Meet-Him thing, however I loved loved loved it all the same. I would say this wins the Statistical Probability by a hair-width.  :D Sullen popstar and ole' small town girl with a background miiiight seem a bit cliche, but It's worth it. Not cheesy like most, not idiodical and unbelievable, just perfecto. PARFAITE. J'ADORE! Wo aì ni, dear book.

^My attempt at being international. *snorts*

Anyhoo.

It's a lovely summer/winter? read, so get out a beach chair or snuggle into an armchair with some tea (I'm doing a northern and southern hemi version for ya, Bellzie XP) and get crackin with the story, because I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did. *threatening glance* You better. :) *grabs machette and thumps on other hand*

Oh but word of advise, this is my personal opinion. Tryyy not to get your hopes to high up?? Like..ignore what I just gushed about for the last 4 paragraphs XDD *cracks up* I'm such a hypocrite. I'm not saying it's not worth it, obviously, but when people get their hopes up, they set bars up, and then they get all disappointed because they expect Harry Potter level books......uhhhh guyss....no.

But do enjoy the story for me please? ;) *tips hat and fades into shadows*

-MissOddball™ Over and Out. *salutes*



   






0 comments:

Post a Comment