Friday, July 25, 2014

Taking Chances ~ Molly McAdams

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
My Rating: 1 out of 5 Stars
Average Rating on GoodReads: 3.94 out of 5 Stars
Pages: 432

Synopsis:
Her first year away is turning out to be nearly perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

Eighteen-year-old Harper has grown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family, and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy.

Okay so first off I want to say that this is going to be more of a rant than a review XD 

Okay so where to begin? How about I start with the fact that this author HAS NO SENSE OF VOCABULARY!!!! I mean come on! How many times do you have to use the words 'huff' and 'I love you'? It's like "OKAY WE GET IT! YOU LOVE EACH OTHER! MOVE ON ALREADY!!"


The writing was terribly flat and seemed like a fifth grader wrote it. I can even write better than that! How she got published I will never know *shakes head sadly*


Next we have the characters. First off it was a love triangle. That right there constitutes a bad book already. Then she makes it a freaking love square that was totally unnecessary.


This whole book was really unrealistic too! I mean I seriously doubt anyone would meet someone, fall in love, and get prego in the couple months that she lived there. WHO THE HELL WOULD THAT HAPPEN TO? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

If I was Brandon I would have flipped out if I learned my girlfriend cheated on me! But noooo he's "perfect" and steps aside so Harper and Chase can be together -_- stupid stupid stupid. Like anyone would ever be that selfless.


Oh! And even when she finds out that she's prego and breaks up with Brandon? She STILL waits to tell Chase that they're having a kid! Who would do that? Don't you think that the father would want to know right away that he's going to be a dad? Stupid biznotch. ((Yes I'm stealing Ryann's word. Get over it XD))


So she cheats on Brandon and then tells Chase that she loves him but can't be with him because she loves Brandon too and doesn't want to hurt him. COME ON HARPER!! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!! She disgusted me so much!


Then! It gets even worse -.- So apparently the author couldn't choose between who she wanted Harper to be with because just when you start loving Chase and thinking that things will finally end in a decent way, he dies -.- seriously? You're seriously going to do that? Why have this whole cheating, pregnancy thing if you're just going to have her end up with Brandon in the first place? 


I guess I'm just angry with the fact that the author made the characters so ditzy and unrealistic that it made it painful to read. I could barely get through the last few chapters because I wanted to throw the book across the room every five seconds -.-


So yeah *dusts off hands* that's about all I'm gonna say regarding this horrible monstrosity ^^ see ya next time, bloggers!

~LittleMissTotem™ Ruffling Your Feathers ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment