Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays #5 – The Darkest Minds

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Hey guys! *waves* Tia here with the Teaser Tuesday :D It's my first one so bare with me since I'm still learnin' the ropes ^^
My teaser is going to be from Alexandra Bracken's The Darkest Minds! I figured that since In the Afterlight is coming out soon, a reread is in order ;D This book is one of my favorites soo..hope ya'll enjoy the teasersss


"Sam," I said, hating the way my voice shook. She didn't stop or deign to look at me until we were by our bunks and she had one fist curled in the bedsheets, ready to pull herself up to the top bed. 
"Say something. Please," I begged.
Source of Pic: GoodReads
"You stood there," Sam's voice was low and rough, like she hadn't used it for days. "You shouldn't have," her chin came down to rest against her chest. 
Messes of hair fell over her shoulders and cheeks, hiding her expression. I felt it then, the way that the hold I had on her had suddenly sprang free. I had the strangest sensation of floating, of drifting farther and farther away, with nothing and no one to cling to. I was standing right beside her, but the distance between us had split into the kind of canyon I couldn't jump across. 

AND
My foot slipped against the rock as I stepped away, my back scraping against the wall, my head sending me spiraling into panic. It was thrilling in anticipation, relishing how close he was. Maybe his anger had evaporated, but whatever he was feeling now was stronger than before. Stronger than pain, frustration, or fury. 
Get away from me and don't were struck in my tight chest. Wedged between terror and want. Liam's lips formed my name. But there was nothing outside of the blood rushing in my ears.  


What are your teasers? Share below!

~LittleMissTotem Ruffling Your Feathers ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment