Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Source of Pic: Lux Series Wikia
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Current rating on Goodreads: 4.27 of 5 stars
Pages: 335
Synopsis (via Goodreads):

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


LOVEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm in the process of re-reading the Lux series so I can happily gobble Opposition ;) I knoww, I'm a bit slowww......I should have started re-reading last month (3 months ago now xD), but nooo *le siigh*

Anyhoooo, did I mention I loveeeee this book?? XDD
The whole alien thang is a bit off my usual turf, but it's worth it! I love the concept of the Luxens......ookayy, mainly because they're smoking hot *guilty grin* XD But also for their powers, and the shades of grey that start to appear regarding the DOD, Luxen, and Arum......tho in Obsidian it's strictly black and white.....so I say no more *zips lips*

I gotta say, I burst out laughing when I realized 'Waiting on Wednesday' was mentioned! XP Back the first time I read Obsidian, I didn't know what that meant, but now, as a book blogger myself (like Katy), I couldn't stop giggling at the mention of the famous meme :P
It's so cool that our MC is a book blogger! Now that I am one, I can fully appreciate what that means, so yaaahhh, Kat totally earned some brownie points for that *winks*
Plus she's a stubborn, strong-willed MC, and that fact rockets her brownie points sky high!! 'Cause for a book, the way into my heart is to have great female protagonists! :D

Not that all the females were great charries......*glares at Ash* I feel a bit betteh knowing her fate, and yeaaahhh, that probably makes me a cruel hard ass, but I stick to my hatred for the biaatchhh ^^ And tho my hate is starting to distribute to the new biatchhh in Opposition aka Sadi *sneers*, there's more than enough hate for the two of them *smirks and flicks hair bitchily*

Daemonn *sighs dreamily* He was......as hot as I remember XD Charming when he wants to be......sweet when his guard comes down, yet a total prick when he's guarded. Which is most of the time in Obsidian, unfortunately for Katy....*pats head*
But even as a jerk, some of the scenes.....*fans face* Goooo Katemon! <3

5 HOLY ALIEN BABIES! Errr.....I mean.....5 stars XD

—MissBloodsucker™ All Sucked Out!

View this review on Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment